Friday 21 January 2011

A year ago today....

A year ago today...It was the 14th January, 2010 that i was told i had four months to live! Wow!! I still remember that day, the drive home from the hospital with Mum. Not saying a word and not being able to even register what we'd been told. The next few days going into automatic overdrive trying to displace all the emotion so that i could deal with dying and family travelling from New Zealand to say goodbye...any ones worst nightmare.  It has been a year that has flown by but when i look into the year so much happened. I look back at the rough times, especially the physical pain of those adrenal glands bleeding to say the least and i look back on the emotional pain and what a roller coaster ride it's been. Mostly though i look back at every extra day I've had. Every extra laugh, extra hug and extra conversation I've had with all my friends and family but mostly Mum and Joe. It's those moments that are priceless.


my beautiful tree until
the cats had their way
When Christmas was coming i didn't want to jinx it with the ten more sleeps, nine more sleeps etc like i would usually do but Joe and i did do everything else.  As usual his Santa list was put on the fridge at the end of October, with a No Change Policy by mid November. When he was little, like most kids, he would scour through the Argos catalogue and write me a list with the full description, catalogue number and price but depending what adverts he'd see on the t.v that day the list would be constantly changing. That was when we came up with the No Change Policy, otherwise Santa was in the bad books for not getting it right. Now that he's older it's not the Argos catalogue that gets scoured it's the Internet. I get a lovely printed Santa list now with images, web addresses, store names and prices. It's great but the money doesn't seem to go as far as it did when he was 7 or 8 years old. However, with the unavoidable "is this my last Christmas" voice in my head, i did go over board with the spending but hey, you can't take it with you!


That cheeky smile melts my
heart every time
Another old Christmas tradition we had when he was younger was catching the train to London Christmas Eve for the most painful experience of my life...2 hours in Hamleys Toy Store!! Up and down those escalators, in and out of different departments, toys in the basket, toys out of the basket, people pushing and shoving and ankle biters screaming everywhere...arhhhh!! Now however it's a movie and a restaurant of his choice. So this year it was The Little Fockers followed by the most lush meal at Wagamama with a belly aching laugh watching Joe try to use chopsticks. We'd never been there before and it was a-ma-zing. I had the Teriyaki Beef and couldn't stop saying mmmmmmm, until Joe told me to be quiet cause it was embarrassing. I didn't even realise i was saying it. It was a fantastic day, as usual, bonding with my boy.
Of course i was an expert


Anyway, back to not wanting to jinx Christmas...we made it! We didn't make any extra fuss or treat it like my last Christmas, we just ate too much and laughed lots and that's how it should be.

That brings us to January 14th, 2011. One year on and I'm still here and i will still be here for many years to come. I don't want to blow my own trumpet but it doesn't matter what situation you're faced with, you must face it head on. Don't bury your head under the rug, don't sit in the chair 'waiting for God', just face it and carry on as usual. The strength will come, trust me. Even if you're fortunate enough to have no health issues, remember to take in the people around you. The old cliche of count your blessings. It really is corny i know but when you're on the other side of the fence everything matters and everyone is worth it. A friend of mine has just had a tattoo on her foot that to me sums it all up and I'm going to copy her and have the same...

Love, Laugh, Live


 




5 comments:

  1. Love, laugh live now true! And I'm sure you will be here for many years to come and I can say I look forward to reading your blog for many, many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am positive you will be here for years to come baby, you are just going from strength to strength everyone has every faith in you and all your family love you xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2348142454860,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For: Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count.  Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Weak Erection. Discharge from Penis. Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid. Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2348142454860  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dieing in pain and full of heart break. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contact him to try my luck, we talk and he send me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cure totally. I don't really know how it happen but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All thanks to Doctor James herbal mix medicine for using his herbal medicine to cure my MELANOMA DISEASE I suffered for years and it almost circulated all over my body and I seek for natural treatment. I found on the internet that Dr James uses his herbal medicine to cure many of people from the virus and I contacted him on his Email [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com]. And he said he is going to help me ,after 2 days of reaching him.he prepared his herbal soap and medicine ans sent to me,and I used the medicine as he told me for 15 days,my skin cancer was cued and disappeared just as he told me it will after the use of his medicine which i never doubted him . At least his treatment cured me completely from melanoma disease. Hopefully it will be helpful for you as it happened with me. Dr. James herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. I'm shearing my testimony to reach out to anyone suffering from this horrible skin virus should contact. or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes,cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer,skin cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease. Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN /.CONTACT EMAIL : drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. But Dr. Itua, Traditional Herbal Practitioner in Africa, has cured HIV which is extracted from some rare herbs. It is highly potential to cure AIDS 100% without any residue. Dr Itua herbal medicine has already passed various blogs on how he uses his powerful herbs to heal all kinds of diseases such as. Herpes, HIV,,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer, Diabetes, Hepatitis,Hpv,Weak ErectionLyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroqquinolone Toxicity,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,Dementia.,Wart Remover,Cold Sore, Epilepsy, also his herbal boost immune system as well. I'm telling this because he uses his herbal medicine to cure me from hepatitis B and HIV, which I have been living on for 9 months now with no side effects. Herbal Medicine is just as good when drinking it although i have to use the restroom after drinking it which I don't really care about because i just want to get the virus out of my body, I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone sick out here to contact Dr Itua with this following information.Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com /
    Whatsapp Or Call...+2348149277967.
    He might be late to respond because he is always busy with patents, but he will surely get back to you with a positive response.

    ReplyDelete