Thursday 19 August 2010

Kimberley's notes from Heaven

Have you ever heard of Quartz Crystal Healing Bowls? No? Well you have now and the first time i came across them i had know idea i was going to be needing their healing abilities.

Back in New Zealand i was taught and attuned to Level 4 Reiki but because i returned to England, i had a different circle of friends and such a busy lifestyle i stopped practicing. Then back in 2005 i decided it was time for a change and signed up for an evening class at college in Holistic Massage Therapy. I wanted to get back to the healing and holistic way of things to balance my life out again. You know the old phrase...all work and no play! Well, one night i was sitting in the back of a massage class, absolutely shattered from burning the candle at both ends, when i saw a notice on the back wall requesting practice models for a local Reiki class. I jumped at the chance because i had found myself 'craving' a Reiki healing for months and this was just the sign i needed so i rang the number the next day. This is when i met Kimberley Solari.

For those of you that have never heard of Reiki it is best described as heavenly. It works by the Reiki practitioner channeling the universal energy through your body, balancing mind, body and soul back into harmony. A lot of people will think 'what a load of shit' and to be honest i WAS one of those people but my response now is be open minded and don't knock it till you've tried it.

After talking on the phone i couldn't wait to meet Kimberley. She was a local woman who ran a Reiki Therapy and Training centre in Berkshire. I couldn't wait to get on the couch a feel that healing energy flow through my body and re-energize me. I got there on one of her Reiki 1 training nights, opened the door and gasped. The 'feeling' in her healing room was like nothing i had ever felt before. Flowing chiffon and candles helped emanate the tranquility of the room but as i stood there taking it all in that's when i noticed the huge bowls on shelves all around the room. Thinking they were just part of the decor i didn't pay them much attention until i heard the sound. Each note played was like music to my ears and i couldn't wait to get off the couch to find out where it was coming from. The sound resonated around the room and through every cell in my body and was more of a feeling than a sound...a flowing sonic wave. From that moment i was hooked on the bowls.

A quick explanation of the bowls is OH-MY-GOD!! Seriously though, they're not like your average salad bowl. They range in sizes and sound depending if they are frosted or clear. Each bowl plays a different note corresponding to each Chakra or organ system of the body and each tone awakens cellular memories and heals on different levels. For a closer look into the bowls and to listen to a recorded version have a look at Kimberleys website at http://www.reiki-berkshire.co.uk/

Anyway, back to my story. I tagged on to Kimberley's class and went back for a few weeks to learn more about these fascinating bowls. At that time i also helped Kimberley with one of her patients once or twice for the experience to work with Kimberley because she was such a fantastic teacher. I would perform the Reiki and Kimberley would play the bowls. This particular woman, Amanda, had been battling cancer and had 9 inoperable tumors of various sizes in her lungs and was given less than two months to live. Unfortunately at the same time, my mother had come over from New Zealand and got very ill with Meningococcal Meningitis so taking care of her became my priority and i lost touch with Kymberley until October last year.

All through my battle with cancer, every night i would ask the angels for healing energy to rid my body of cancer so that i may live a long, healthy happy life. Visualizing that universal light flowing through my body but last year when it spread to my chest i decided it was time to bring in the 'big guns'...Kimberley and her bowls! I rang and made an appointment but didn't tell her anything about the cancer. My body soaked up the energy like a dry old sponge would water. I could have stayed in that room for hours because i felt so safe. After my treatment Kimberley gave me her feedback to what she found and she found the cancer. I was so pleased because although i fully believed in her there is always a little sceptic thought deep down inside that needs convincing. I was even more astonished to learn that Amanda was still alive, doing well and writing a book! On top of that Kimberley had started working a lot with cancer patients and having fantastic results and most of which have turned to her as a last resort. So from then on i started going once a week.

Now in the past four months i have stopped taking Morphine and Codeine, which i was taking regularly for pain throughout the day; all but one of my subcutaneous tumors have disappeared, which i had about 6 of various sizes; and the constant aching i had in my side from the tumors in my Adrenal Glands has stopped! Although Melanoma can't be monitored by blood markers my last blood results show that all my organs are fine and that I'm a little anaemic!!! Nothing an 8oz steak won't fix. My Oncology team are amazed but sceptical which is understandable, they work with facts, figures and statistics but even they say 'what ever you're doing, keep doing it!' I'm sure they're going to scan me soon to see whats going on on the inside but the fact that all these little things are improving is evidence enough for me. Dr Alice did say to me back in April that young people tend to absorb the symptoms of the disease and then deteriorate rapidly. Well even if that is the case Kimberley and her bowls, the Reiki and my own determination all amount to a better way of life and a better way of dealing with it rather than sitting and waiting for May.



No comments:

Post a Comment